Thursday, July 8, 2010

Utility methods from Frameworks

Ever project invariably needs several utility logic for various tasks( a very simple example would be utilities for String/array/ manipulations, XML reading/writing etc.).
Being a follower of "don't reinvent the wheel", I have found it many times useful to go through the utility classes used internally by various frameworks like Struts, Hibernate,Spring Framework,JSF etc for things which I can use in my project.
A nice habit is to have the source code of these frameworks in my IDE and occasionally go through each of the utility files.I have to admit many times I have got better code for a particulat task than the one I could write on my own.More often than not, it was other way round too. But overall very helpful in the end and it enhanced my learning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment